Sports Premium Statement 2016-2017
The Government has provided funding of £150 million per year to provide primary school sport funding. This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport.
The money allocated to our school is to be spent on improving the quality of sport and PE for all our children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in our school. This must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of all our pupils, so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
In the year 2016/17 budget, we were allocated £8,587.
£6160 - sports coach from Sports Development.
£2430 - Swimming.
This was spent on –
- A sports coach 2 afternoons a week for curriculum PE
- A sports coach 2 afternoons a week to run after school clubs
- Staff training
- Swimming lessons – once a week for the academic year
- PE planning resources
- PE equipment
- Improved quality of teaching in physical education across school (provided by coach)
- Increased number of children engaging in physical activity and sport (in clubs)
- Improved quality of teaching in physical education by existing staff (trained by coach)
- Increased number of children in Key Stage 2 can now swim with increased confidence
- Increased number of children accessing competitive sports
- Increased involvement in sporting matches, tournaments and collaborative events.
- Improved planning of learning sequences in physical education leading to more progress
- Improved quality and range of equipment for the children to use
- Improved attitude towards sport and physical activity through accessing high quality provision