Lunch in School
Dinner money is £2.10 per day therefore £10.50 per week.
Please note that payment can be made online using ParentPay. Cheques are preferable to cash and are to be made payable to Oldham MBC. Please would you also send your cheque/money in an envelope clearly marked with your son/daughter’s name and class.
If your child has any credits due to sickness, holidays etc. Please remember to deduct them from the amount due.
Free School Meals
From September 2014, all children in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England will be eligible for free school meals.
Please inform your school if you do not wish to receive this offer, otherwise your child will automatically be opted in to the free school meal.
The school meal service offers all primary and special schools with a multi choice menu.
Every effort is made to cater for children with special dietary requirements.
Contact the school directly for information about dietary requirements and paying for school meals.
Guidelines for Healthy Packed Lunches
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables every day
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (eg lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus, and falafel) every day.
- Oily fish, such as salmon, at least once every three weeks.
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other type of cereals every day.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard everyday.
- Only water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, yoghurt or milk drinks and smoothies.
- Packed lunches should have limited items such as:
- Crisps - Instead, include seeds, vegetables and fruit (with no added salt, sugar or fat). Savoury crackers or breadsticks served with fruit, vegetables or diary food are also a good choice.
- Confectionary such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets are not encouraged at school. Please only allow your child to eat cakes and biscuits as part of a balanced meal.
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausages/chipolatas should only be included occasionally.