Coronavirus (COVID-19) News
Closure of Lowry and Stephenson classes 2nd November 2020
As we have previously informed you,the government has announced that schools should fully reopen from the start of the upcoming autumn term. They’ve decided this on the basis of
- The prevalence of coronavirus decreasing
- The new NHS test and trace system being in place
- More clarity about the measures that need to be in place to create safe environments in schools
- Time out of school being detrimental to children’s development
- The low risk to children of becoming severely ill from coronavirus
We fully support this return to full time education for all our pupils and as such are looking forward to welcoming all our learners in Year 1 – Year 6 back on Wednesday 2nd September, and we’re working hard to make the school a safe, enjoyable environment.
We wanted to explain and clarify what you can expect from us and what we will expect from all of our parents and carers from next week.
We have uploaded the latest update for plans based on the latest government advice. We have also included a Question and Answer summary sheet which will hopefully cover some of the questions you may have and a helpful fact sheet which has been produced by the government. All these documents and more can be accessed by following the link below
We look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday 2nd September.