Today we would like you to finish the editing process now by improving the flow of your writing. To make your writing more cohesive, there are specific things you can do.
Re-read your draft and check:
- Is your story organised with clear paragraphs?
- Have you been consistent in the tense that you have been using?
- Have you used a range of sentence types? Have you varied sentence openers?
- Have you overused any words? Can you change them/ improve your word choices?
- Have you checked your spelling?
Once you have done this, you should have a more polished piece of writing which will be ready for you to write up neatly and add illustrations.
We would love to see your finished stories! This is a big piece of work so this may take a couple of days.